April 29, 2009

Wordless/Wordful Wednesday - Greenhouse Nesting Part 2

and

Together!

You know the drill...since I'm rarely wordless, I like to combine Wordless Wednesday with Wordful Wednesday - that way I can be lazy efficient and cover both bases with one easy post! ;)

Remember last week when I posted this unusual find in my greenhouse?
I didn't want to disturb the mommy bird, so I waited a few days, and was rewarded with this:
So I made sure I went out there every day to keep an eye on things and watch the progression:
And finally, on Monday I saw this:
I have actually seen the baby dove hanging around the front grape arbor where I have a bird feeder hanging - the smaller birds toss seeds from it to the ground and the doves mac out on those seeds. It was fun seeing the 'baby' dove following the older doves around by air - I tried to get a picture but I think he/she was onto me from the previous photo shoots. ;)


For Wordless Wednesday, link your own WW at Wordless Wednesday, 5 minutes for Mom & Momdot!

Wordful Wednesday hosted by Angie at 7 Clown Circus - head on over there to check out all the fun wordy posts!


50 Random Sassy Comments:

Cameron said...

Be careful...you've seen Hitchcock's movie The Birds, right? :)

Brittany E. said...

That must have been so fun to watch.

Martha (FL) said...

The baby was on to you... you are a mourning dove stalker!

Stop by my blog, I have something for you!

http://thedailygrindbymak.blogspot.com/2009/04/award-x2.html

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Very cool. Great shots too.

Elle said...

Wow! They grow fast! Really nice pics. Happy WW!

Jenn@ The Crazies said...

Awww... so cute!! Thanks so much!

Sweet Annabelle said...

I once had a wren nest in my greenhouse - my favorite bird! You won't believe it, but a big ol' blacksnake came in there and ate the eggs! I hate snakes!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Aw, how cool! Did you tell your kids it was a "science project"? ;-)

Pam said...

Love nature. Adore this WW!

Robin said...

Wow. I can't believe she let you get that close! Great shots!
Shameless plug: I am having a great giveaway! Stop on by to enter!

Anissa said...

Love the pictures -- I really like the last one. Stop by my blog I got something for you. TFS

Wifey said...

Nice! How cool that you capture that ... and didn't get pecked!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

kyooty said...

love updates,what a pretty family

Farmer*swife said...

Adorable! Last summer the kids and I got to follow a Killdee couple and the hatching of their eggs.

Also, a Mama Chuck Willow hatched two little youngin's -- then the stupide hurricane drowned us and washed the babies away. :-( The Mama, the kids and I spent hours searching in hopes -- but, alas no babies were found.

Katie, Kevin and kids said...

Great shots. Love the progression.

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

What a beautiful glimpse into another mommy's life... the winged variety...

What a gorgeoud dove.

Thanks for sharing.

Casey said...

Aww, baby birds are so CUTE! We saw two cranes crossing the road yesterday with their mini-mes in tow and it was adorable.

Sara Bonds said...

I love these. How sweet. I would have never wanted to stop watching them. You took some great shots of them together.

Happy WW from Sara @ Mostly Wordless Wednesday HQ!

Upstatemomof3 said...

Oh how sweet!!! We had a baby bird in our garage once when I was a kid.

Anne said...

Those photos are so cute! We have a bunch of birds nests on our house. It drives our cats insane.

Mom Time said...

Such priceless pictures! Would love to learn how to take shots like that! Anyway, I have given you the Queen Of All Things AWE-SUMMM Award. Come and visit sometime!

Kelly said...

How fun! I love these pictures.

carma said...

you got some great photos! Mama bird must not have seen you as a threat; unlike that Rottweiler..

Jenjen © GottaLoveMom said...

Wow! How'd you get to take the pics without scaring them away??
Awesome !
Jenjen
www.GottaLoveMom.com

Muthering Heights said...

That is SO CUTE!!!!

otin said...

I have birds that build a nest every year on my porch, and it usually ends up very messy! LOL

Golfersmom said...

Great shots. Love the pictures. We have martins building a nest in the carport. I will have to try and get a picture.

Jenni Jiggety said...

Cute lil babies!!!

Sherry said...

Such fantastic shots. You did a wonderful job capturing them!

Sherendipity said...

Awwwwws, that's an adorable post!

nikkicrumpet said...

VERY COOL...does that make you a grandma now????

Ginny Marie said...

Those are so neat! Thanks for posting them!

Staci said...

How amazing to see!

FoN said...

Wow - what a great thing to get to watch!

JAN'S PLACE said...

man that was so fast.. they were beautiful..they'll be back!!!

Jan :)

Gena said...

How neat!

Amy said...

Love the birds. I will be leaving you something on my blog later on today. Stop on by.

Brenda said...

Thats so fun to see!

Jenjen © GottaLoveMom said...

Love your post! Stop by my blog to pick up your award!
http://gottalovemom.blogspot.com/2009/04/blogger-awards-thank-you-and.html

Justine/Justiney/Tiney said...

This was so cool! I'm really surprised the mama bird let you get so close to take her picture! Baby bird is precious!

Justine :o )

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my gosh! That must have been amazing to be a part of! And I like your idea of wordful Wednesday instead!

♥spoiled mommy♥ said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute!!
And whats even more awesome is that fact that Im doing this exact same thing right now!! hahaha
Great pictures by the way!!

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

That is so cool! Baby birds are cuuuuute!

Jennifer said...

How sweet! I love these pictures! I love how the mama bird is just sitting on the baby until it's time to move on. I'm going to try doing that to my son, too, sit on him until he's 30.

Hit 40 said...

Great pictures!

We have a duck nesting at school ready to pop about 4 eggs. Fun to watch nature hatch.

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

How precious! We've had a mama duck and her 11 ducklings in the yard the last couple of days. It's so fun to watch!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Talk about a lesson in nature! Hopefully, PN gets to see it too!

Sammanthia said...

CUTE! You managed to take some fantastic pictures!

Megan said...

That's so cool!! =D

Anonymous said...

i truthfully adore all your posting style, very interesting,
don't quit as well as keep creating because it simply just truly worth to read it,
excited to look into additional of your content, cheers ;)