This week's Spin is of course all about New Year Resolutions. What's a New Year without Resolutions? A year of non-failures, that's what it is! I kid, I kid.
I decided to dig back into my archives and see what I wrote last year about resolutions. Let's see how well I did (notations added in blue italics):
Originally posted on January 1, 2009 (edited to eliminate excess):
It's a New Year...Happy New Year! Most people have been
Sure, you know there's the usual 'Get more organized', 'Lose weight or Get in shape', etc., etc., yada yada yada. I thought about doing some sort of 'Non-Resolution List', of things I'm not going to be doing in the year 2009, but I thought that would be too negative, and I'm all about the positives. But I better keep the list short, so I know I can attain them. I give you my 2009 Resolutions:
1. Enjoy what 2009 has in store.
What?! You mean I can't just decide to post one item as the Resolution for 2009? Oh, fine. How about these:
- Eat healthier and get in better shape. (yes, the same thing everyone else plans to do!) (This resolution started off fine, but then.... didn't. So I guess I better restart again for 2010).
- Make New Friends. (you can never have too many friends!) (I've made some wonderful bloggy friends over the last year - you all ROCK! So this one was a success...and I'll continue the trend in 2010!)
- Send family member's and friends Birthday gifts out in a timely manner. (instead of
days weeksmonths late.) (Um, yeah... didn't happen. Try again in 2010).
- Figure out how to
manipulatechange the templates in Blogger so I can have a 3-column blog setup. (I did manage this resolution - only now I'm figuring out Wordpress and getting ready to move over there instead. Stay tuned for that).
- Read a book a month. Wait, let's make that one book per quarter - that should be more attainable! (I had to laugh when I read this. This one didn't happen either. Have to try again!)
- Open an Etsy Shop. (all the 'cool kids' are doing it!) (Also didn't happen - can't sell alcohol on Etsy, so it's a no-go. But I did change my website to Princess Nagger Wine & Gifts which just 'premiered' this week. Good times.)
- And finally, most importantly, enjoy what 2009 has in store, no matter what that may be. (This was definitely a successful resolution. Although I have to say that the year sped by way too fast for me. Maybe 2010 will slow down just a bit. Maybe.)
So let's review - out of 7 Resolutions, I completed 3-1/2 of them. Half. Which isn't all that bad if you think about it - it's 3-1/2 more than I might have done in 2008. So what about 2010? The New Decade...there should be some exciting resolutions, right? Maybe not so much exciting as necessary. Truly.
- Finish pulling the tacky wallpaper off the upstairs hallway and paint it - I really shouldn't have left the wallpaper remnants hanging as long as I have, but when you have 12-foot ceilings it's a little intimidating.
- Organize and paint Princess Nagger's Room - really need to update it from the baby motif I put in there when she was born.
- Repaint the downstairs powder room. Seriously, that lilac color has got to go!
- Extend the top shelves in my bottom cupboards - really, what brilliant mind thought that half a shelf was sufficient?!
- Purge unnecessary 'stuff' and regain the use of the finished attic - it would be really nice to clear out the boxes and be able to enjoy the ginormous claw-foot tub in the bathroom up there!
I think that's about enough of the resolutions - lots of work, but necessary. Now to figure out where to pick up some motivation to go along with the resolutions. Any suggestions or paint volunteers?
I wish everyone a Happy New Year - may you have Health and Prosperity during 2010! See you next year!
Don't forget to stop by and see Jen over at Sprite's Keeper - she's been on family vacay this week with some excellent guest posters. But she'll be back on Friday just in time for the Spin Cycle Finale. Check out the other Spinners - there are some excellent resolutions being bandied about!